Poetry Expo 24
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR THE NEW EDITION OF DIGITAL POETRY EXPO 2024, ORGANISED AND CURATED BY VERSOPOLIS, AN EUROPEAN PLATFORM OF INTERNATIONAL POETRY FESTIVALS
As a vibrant intersection of cultural heritage and innovative creativity, Versopolis is committed to the power of poetry to transcend boundaries, connect people, foster dialogue, celebrate diversity and inspire the flourishing of human creativity. After the highly successful first edition of the Poetry Expo initiative in 2023, we are delighted to invite you to the second edition of Poetry Expo in 2024.
Poetry Expo 2024, in line with our previous initiatives, is a unique digital platform dedicated to the exploration and celebration of poetry, human creativity and literature. In a rapidly evolving world, Poetry Expo aims not only to showcase the brilliance of different nations, cultures and languages, but also to highlight the transformative potential of the art and literature in addressing current global issues and anticipating future developments. Under the redefined theme "Versing Futures: Unravelling Unity Through Poetry", Poetry Expo aims to inspire societal change by promoting the potential of literature and art to address the pressing issues of our time, such as the climate crisis, technological advances, mental health and social inequalities.
At Poetry Expo 2024, we strive to create a space that encourages free expression, shares collective and individual achievements in culture and literature, and opens dialogue on critical global issues. Our newly curated five central thematic will focus on the sub-themes of "Climate Crisis and Poetry", "Technological Innovations in Literature", "Mental Health Narratives in Poetry", "Literature as a Tool for Social Equity", and "Global Unity and Collective Futures". We invite the global arts and cultural community to propose their projects related to these sub-themes or other works that can influence, educate and mobilise audiences.
- Climate Crisis and Poetry: As the existential threat of climate change looms over humanity, can poetry contribute to the collective awareness of this crisis? Can literature offer innovative perspectives for understanding and addressing this global challenge?
- Technological innovations in literature: How is technology affecting the world of literature? How is artificial intelligence redefining poetry and other creative practices? Can technology help to extend the reach of literary works and promote inclusivity?
- Mental health narratives in poetry: How can poetry serve as a therapeutic medium for discussing mental health? Can poetry help break down stigma and normalise discussions about mental health?
- Literature as a tool for social equality: How can literary and cultural projects address social inequalities and promote inclusivity? What role can literature play in empowering marginalised voices and promoting social justice?
- Global unity and shared futures: How can literature and culture promote global unity in the face of emerging challenges? What role can poetry play in imagining and shaping collective futures?
We are keen to showcase projects and works that actively engage with these questions and offer insightful perspectives on these issues. In doing so, we hope to provide an open platform where poetry and creative voices from around the world can converge, bringing the best of your work to a global audience and giving poetry the visibility it deserves.
Join us in creating the world's largest digital exhibition dedicated exclusively to poetry!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Literary institutions, organisations, collectives or associations, festivals, arts and cultural media, individual artists and anyone else who feels they can make a meaningful contribution to this initiative.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE?
We invite you to share your ideas, present your projects or participate in online events of any genre. Content can be a mix of past or recent work, or entirely new creations made specifically for Poetry Expo 2024.
Audio and video content should not exceed 60 minutes in length and must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or similar platforms.
The project language is English. However, entries may be in any language, provided they are subtitled and/or accompanied by a synopsis in English.
Organizations or individuals can participate with maximum 2 projects.
WHAT ABOUT PAYMENT?
As a not-for-profit initiative, we are unable to offer payment to contributors. However, limited funding is available for English translations and new collaborative ideas.
Our primary goal is to give your submissions the global visibility and recognition they deserve.
We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to discuss your innovative ideas. Let's write the future together and foster a collective global dialogue. Join us in demonstrating the transformative power of poetry and literature to address the critical issues of our time. Join us as we connect cultures, people and ideas to create a new narrative for the future.
For questions and enquiries you can also write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and working together to make Poetry Expo 2024 an enriching and inspiring experience for all.